Why Join the ILTSA?
As the only recognised qualifying body in the UK, membership of the ILTSA gives you professional credibility.
The letters M.I.L.S.A. and F.I.L.S.A. have become recognised as a sign of quality by discerning clients and your connection with the Institute will benefit you in other ways including:
- Free online promotion of your business through our stock auditor website pages
- As a qualified member you will benefit from the recognition of The Institute of Chartered Accountants (through its guidelines, and in particular SAS 520) that the figures they supply are acceptable for auditing purposes.
- You will have access to the expertise and the facilities of the Institute.
- You will have access to the Institute's strong support and limited legal representation. In two recent cases we successfully represented our members against spurious claims for damages.
- You will be part of a nationwide network of competent stock auditors who can be called upon to handle large corporate accounts.
- You will be able to participate in a growing number of group schemes that are designed to save our membership money. For instance the AA scheme that has been run by the Institute for many years virtually saves your subscription each year.
- You will receive our quarterly magazine ‘Stock Auditor’ which keeps you up to date with developments in our profession.
- Through the regional representative scheme holiday and illness cover can be swiftly implemented
Just starting out...For those considering joining the stock auditing profession, the ILTSA is the perfect place to start as we give you the opportunity to attend training courses and take the Institute's exams to become fully qualified.
Be at the forefront of the stocktaking profession
As part of the Institute of Licensed Trade Stock Auditors you will be part of a growing number of professional stock auditors who are raising the standard and awareness of our profession.
The Institute is at the forefront of the industry as can be seen by HM Revenue & Customs referring to us for technical advice and guidance.
Want to know more?
About the ILTSA
We are the only recognised qualifying body in the UK, membership of the ILTSA gives you professional credibility.
More about ILTSA»
Qualify as a stock auditor
If you want a career as a stock auditor then the ILTSA training and exams is the place to get your professional qualifications.
Download a PDF copy of our membership pack with all the information you need to get started.